A2 Hosting, Inc. is a premier high performance Linux hosting company with clients around the world. We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Systems Administrator who can help us further develop our platforms and products as we continue to grow!
The Senior Systems Administrator is an integral part of the company. This position works closely with the Systems Team to continually improve upon our existing infrastructure and to keep us up-to-date with new and innovative products & technologies. This position will also diagnose and fix complex hardware, software and network issues along with a heavy focus on R&D.
Employment Type: Full-time, Exempt. Telecommuting is possible for the right candidate!
- Design system architecture including hardware, software, network, new products
- Be the last line of defense for problems with complex systems and network-wide issues
- Automate systems and processes for increased efficiency
- Build extensive tools for yourself, your colleagues and support staff to make their lives easier, and our clients happier
- Develop and manage internal systems for everything ranging from inventory tracking to user authentication
- Research and development of new technologies for new products and helpful tools
- Contribute to policy and infrastructure decisions
- 5+ years of Linux System Administration experience, CentOS/RHEL preferred
- Advanced proficiency scripting automation and tools (python, bash, perl, and/or ruby)
- Advanced experience managing network services (HTTP (Apache), Mail (exim) , DNS (bind/PowerDNS), MySQL)
- Experience coding for larger scale projects beyond simple scripting (a working knowledge of OO PHP would be great, but as long as you've got something you can make work!)
- A strong passion for automation
- Familiarity with configuration management systems such as SaltStack/Puppet/Chef/cfEngine
- Ability to work on your own or in a team
- Great written communication skills
Nice to have:
- Experience with cPanel/WHM
- Experience with network management using Cisco products
- Experience with LDAP
- Experience working in a Scrum/Agile environment
We have the following to offer:
- Subsidized health insurance, dental and vision coverage also available.
- Paid parental leave.
- Company-matching 401k, traditional or Roth.
- Short-term and long-term disability coverage.
- Company provided life insurance.
- Paid vacations, holidays and sick time.
- Regular company events such as summer BBQs and holiday parties.