A2 Hosting, Inc. is a premiere Linux hosting company with clients around the world. We are currently seeking talented individuals with strong customer service skills to join our growing support team. Excellent communication skills are required along with an honest, self-motivated, and strong desire to expand and capitalize on your existing skill set. Ideal candidates should be a Linux user and love a good technical challenge.
Employment Type: Full-time, non-exempt, telecommute.
Level II (L2) Technicians are responsible for resolving incidents and fulfilling requests escalated to the Advanced Technical Team. L2 Technicians will collaborate with front line support staff to deliver an unsurpassed support experience to all A2 Hosting clients. L2 Technicians are expected to act as liaisons between the Support Team and the Systems Team, constantly providing feedback that will help improve service reliability.
- Provide an unsurpassed level of support via email and phone using strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of empathy, tact, and perseverance when faced with complex technical and non technical issues.
- Resolve escalated cases from front line staff with a high sense of urgency.
- Provide guidance and act as mentor to front line staff.
- Troubleshoot issues involving common web applications (Joomla, Wordpress, Drupal, etc.)
- Troubleshoot issues involving a variety of systems including: DNS, Apache, MySQL, cPanel, and others.
- Collaborate with management and the systems team to solve complex technical issues.
- Identify potential issues and provide a constant feedback loop to the systems team.
- Strong willingness and ability to work in a team.
- Reliable internet connection and personal computer.
- Assist technical writers by acting as a subject matter expert on technical subjects..
- 2+ years previous experience in the web hosting industry preferred.
- Previous experience with Cloudlinux / cPanel hosting environments.
- Mastery of the linux command line.
- Experience with optimizing PHP, MySQL, and Apache configurations.
- Familiarity with various hypervisors and ability to customize virtual environment to meet clients needs.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues across the LAMP stack.
- Proven track record of providing creative solutions to complex technical problems.
- Experience using and administrating R1 backup software.
- Ability to identify and mitigate malware, spam, and other common security problems.
- Familiarity with commonly used server applications, APF, CSF, Mod_sec, etc ..
- Ability to work with 3rd party vendors to resolve issues.
Nice to have:
- cPanel University Certification
We have the following to offer:
- Subsidized health insurance, dental and vision coverage also available.
- Paid parental leave.
- Company-matching 401k, traditional or Roth.
- Short-term and long-term disability coverage.
- Company provided life insurance.
- Paid vacations, holidays and sick time.
- Regular company events such as summer BBQs and holiday parties.