A2 Hosting, Inc. is a premiere managed hosting company headquartered in Ann Arbor Michigan. We are currently seeking talented individuals with superb communication and teamwork skills to join our growing Data Center Operation team. Excellent communication skills are expected along with an honest, self-motivated, and strong desire to expand and capitalize on your existing technical skill set. Ideal candidates should have at least one year or comparable experience managing server hardware in a data center environment.
Employment Type: Full-time, non-exempt, ON SITE, no telecommute.
Salary: $14-$16 per hour, depending on experience.
Examples of Responsibilities:
- Racking and maintaining servers, switches, and other hardware.
- Diagnosing and fixing network and OS related issues.
- Handling incoming and outgoing hardware shipments and tracking server assets.
- Creating and maintaining documentation for the DC Operations Knowledge Base
- Maintaining server and hardware inventory.
- Conducting weekly hardware stock audits.
- Testing servers and other hardware regularly.
- Excellent interpersonal and both verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate a high degree of tact and diplomacy to promote a positive, productive, and professional work environment.
- Experience using LINUX command line environment and common commands.
- Experience using Windows in a server environment is preferred.
- Some experience with php, css, html and web server configuration.
- Reliable transportation and valid driver's license.
- Ability to answer on-call pages as needed.
- Must be able to lift/move 50-75 lbs.
- Subsidized health insurance, dental and vision coverage.
- Company-matching 401k, traditional or Roth.
- Short-term and long-term disability coverage.
- Company provided life insurance.
- Paid vacations, holidays and sick time.
- Company sponsored events - previous events included Summer BBQ, holiday party, whirlyball, bowling
Please Note: This is not a telecommute position. Candidates will be required to commute to our Southfield, Michigan office daily.