A2 Hosting, Inc. is a premier high performance hosting company with clients around the world. We are currently seeking an experienced Software Development Manager (SDM) who is able to effectively lead a diverse team of developers as well as actively participate in the development projects at hand.
The SDM handles the day-to-day operations of the Development team. The SDM provides leadership and technical guidance to the team as well as website and back-end systems programming to fulfill business needs. Through mentoring, training, and coaching, the SDM will maintain a balanced work atmosphere that encourages the team to go above and beyond. Our Development team is built and operates around the Agile/Scrum methodology.
Employment Type: Full-time, Exempt. Local candidates or possible relocation assistance available. Some telecommuting is possible.
- Lead and mentor a team of talented developers. Make staffing decisions, conduct regular performance evaluations, team growth and job satisfaction are critical.
- Manage the development and deployment of new applications, systems software, and/or improvements to existing applications used by the Company.
- Maintain all facets of the Company website including back-end programming to ensure simplicity of use for customers.
- Coordinate group tasks among Development team. Provide status reports on team projects and help to prioritize and assign work among the group.
- Develop, implement, manage and direct policies, processes, and procedures for the Development team to ensure consistency and efficiency.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of modules, hooks, templates and other modifications for our internal applications.
- Actively participate in management meetings and engineering meetings, as needed.
- Seek out new solutions to problems via new web applications that may better suit our needs, integrating them into our existing systems.
- Continuously evaluate team members and provide qualitative unbiased feedback.
- Five years effectively leading a high performing team of five or larger.
- Advanced experience programming in PHP, MySQL
- Experience supporting LEMP/LAMP stacks
- Proficiency in Linux command line tools
- Experience with Git or other VCS/SCM systems
- Experience with JIRA or other issue tracking systems
- Experience with unit testing, CI/CD
- Experience working in an Agile environment under Scrum, Kanban, Extreme/Pair Programming, or similar methodologies
Nice to have:
- Experience in other programming languages a plus
- Experience with Expression Engine, WHMCS and/or Kayako Support Suite
We have the following to offer:
- Subsidized health insurance, dental and vision coverage also available.
- Paid parental leave.
- Company-matching 401k, traditional or Roth.
- Short-term and long-term disability coverage.
- Company provided life insurance.
- Generous paid vacations, holidays and sick time.
- Regular company events such as summer BBQs and holiday parties.
If this sounds like you, apply now!