Systems Engineer - Networking (Remote)
Location: Ann Arbor, MI / Remote
A2 Hosting, Inc. is a premier high performance hosting company with clients around the world. We are currently seeking an experienced Systems Engineer specializing or otherwise experienced in networking who can help us further develop our platforms and products as we continue to grow!
At A2 Hosting, our Core Values guide the work that we do. You might fit in well at A2 if these values describe you:
Passionate - We take pride in what we do
Collaborative - We think about the team first
Customer Focused - We are empathetic and respectful
Curious - We desire to learn and do better
The Systems Engineer is an integral part of the company. This position works closely with the rest of the Systems Team to continually improve upon our existing infrastructure and to keep us up-to-date with new and innovative products & technologies. This position will also diagnose and fix complex hardware, software, and network issues along with a heavy focus on R&D and product development.
Employment Type: Full-time, Exempt, 100% Remote eligible
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with a great team of helpful and like-minded people designing and implementing network architecture to improve existing infrastructure or build out new locations from the ground up.
- Learn new things and help determine the business value for new technologies and products.
- Assist and mentor other high-level folks as the last line of escalation for technical problems or questions.
- Help the team establish policies and processes to provide top-notch services and help support provide top-notch support.
- Standardize, optimize, and automate our infrastructure for maximum performance and stability.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience designing and implementing networks, local and wide area, including everything from network hardware selection, to setting up BGP sessions for multiple providers in multiple locations, designing VLAN schemes, and configuring GRE tunnels.
- Ideally, deep experience with Cisco IOS administration and implementation. We're heavy on Cisco but also have Juniper, Ubiquiti, Corero, and Fortinet so concepts are far more important than brand specialization.
- 5+ years of Linux or Windows system-level network administration and troubleshooting.
- Considerable depth in any particular area mentioned above.
- Comfort with helping the group plan, design, and implement large scale internal applications to scratch our own itches, such as automated provisioning systems or datacenter/inventory management or some kind of web frontend to abstract network configuration.
- A strong passion for automation and doing things right, or failing right, at least robust!
- Knowledge of the value in good, clear procedural and reference documentation and the ability to produce it.
- Preferably, a familiarity with configuration management systems for ensuring networking gear consistency and managing changes.
- The ability to work productively on your own or in a team.
- Great written communication skills.
- A positive attitude and eagerness to share!
What we offer:
- Subsidized health insurance, dental and vision coverage also available
- Paid parental leave
- Company-matching 401k, traditional or Roth
- Short-term and long-term disability coverage
- Company provided life insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO) bank of hours to be used for vacations, holidays and sick time
- Online training through Udemy and other providers