First, let's get introduced. We are A2 Hosting, a global web hosting provider. We offer web hosting services that allow our clients to showcase their creativity and talents online. We have a growing global team with a strong culture of empowerment and professional development.
At A2 Hosting our Core Values guide the work that we do. You might fit in well at A2 if these values describe you:
Passionate - We take pride in what we do
Collaborative - We think about the team first
Customer Focused - We are empathetic and respectful
Curious - We desire to learn and do better
Agile - We act quickly and decisively.
We are looking for motivated, team-focused, fast learners to join our support family.
Level II (L2) Specialists are responsible for resolving incidents and fulfilling requests escalated to the Advanced Technical Team. L2 Specialists will collaborate with front line support staff to deliver an unsurpassed support experience to all A2 Hosting clients. L2 Specialists are expected to act as liaisons between the Support Team and the Systems Team, constantly providing feedback that will help improve service reliability.
- Provide an unsurpassed level of support via email and phone using strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of empathy, tact, and perseverance when faced with complex technical and non technical issues.
- Resolve escalated cases from front line staff with a high sense of urgency.
- Provide guidance and act as mentor to front line staff.
- Troubleshoot issues involving common web applications (Joomla, Wordpress, Drupal, etc.)
- Troubleshoot issues involving a variety of systems including: DNS, Apache, MySQL, cPanel, and others.
- Collaborate with management and the systems team to solve complex technical issues.
- Identify potential issues and provide a constant feedback loop to the systems team.
- Strong willingness and ability to work in a team.
- Reliable internet connection and personal computer.
- Assist technical writers by acting as a subject matter expert on technical subjects..
- 2+ years previous experience in the web hosting industry preferred.
- Previous experience with Cloudlinux / cPanel hosting environments.
- Mastery of the linux command line.
- Experience with optimizing PHP, MySQL, and Apache configurations.
- Familiarity with various hypervisors and ability to customize virtual environment to meet clients needs.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues across the LAMP stack.
- Proven track record of providing creative solutions to complex technical problems.
- Experience using and administrating R1 backup software.
- Ability to identify and mitigate malware, spam, and other common security problems.
- Familiarity with commonly used server applications, APF, CSF, Mod_sec, etc ..
- Ability to work with 3rd party vendors to resolve issues.
Nice to have:
For United States Based Employees we also offer:
- Subsidized health insurance, dental and vision coverage.
- Company-matching 401k, traditional or Roth
- Short-term and long-term disability coverage
- Company provided life insurance
Compensation is dependent on experience level.US and Non-US candidates are welcome to apply! We do not offer relocation opportunities as this is a remote position.